Monday, March 1, 2010

Project #2

Well i wrote this song ust kinda out of the blue. I found a sound i liked in the chop tool and stuck with it. I had a little trouble with the bass line. It just started to sound way to repetitive so I did the best i could to fix that up. I feel like i had a good build up to the guitar solo so look forward to that(Yoyu'll know where it is). I tried to transpose the guitar as best as i could. I didnt want it to sound like I was repeating the same thing over and over but i didnt want a drastic change in the pitch so I think I found a good spot. So Iya hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. I like the bass part in the beginning of the song very much. It has a good feel to it and starts the song off well. Also the guitar solo creates a nice break in the song making it easy to listen to. Also nice job transposing everything as it goes well together and sounds very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of these parts, but I think they clash together. It is very difficult to get two chopped parts to agree with each other. Go with one chopped part to give you an idea, and then write the rest of the parts to go around it.
    I'm also looking for some melodic continuity here. The parts seem kind of random. Also, you should consider supporting your parts with bass of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the bass builds to introduce the guitar. I also like the chop you used on the guitar and I like how you incorporated a solo. I like the beat you made with the guitar and toms which complemented the guitar. It does sound a bit random, but I enjoyed the music nonetheless. You used the tools well and I thought it was a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the bass line gives it a deeper feel, and how it flowed with the way the rythem went, yet i think that the bass was a little over powering. In the beginning i found it cool how the bass built up to the song. the tom in the backround was pretty cool, along with the drum loop you added. overall a good project

    ReplyDelete